HI all
    I'm trying to do the following
# want to select (just preparing) every thing from the table PERSON
where i don't know the deptID yet.
$per = $dbh->prepare("SELECT * FROM person WHERE deptID = ?");

# selecting deptID from the table ACCOUNT, say  with some condition
$acc = $dbh->prepare("SELECT deptID FROM account WHERE ....;

$acc->execute()
        or die "Can't execute the SQL statment: $DBI::errstr\n";

while ( @accRow = $acc->fetchrow_array ) {
# For each deptID I get from the ACCOUNT table, I want all the info from
the PERSON table
        $per->execute($accRow[0] )
                        or die "Can't execute the SQL statment:
$DBI::errstr\n";

When I execute above coding I got error saying
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Column: 'deptID' in where clause is
ambiguous at ./mkPasswdFile line 76, <STDIN> chunk 2.

I'm following the example in http://www.perl.com/pub/a/1999/10/DBI.html

The line 76 : $per->execute($accRow[0] )

I also tried quote($accRow[0]), any idea???

Thank you for you help
Vinita