Hi All,

First thanks to all who worked on InnoDB, it is truely exciting to get its
features in an open-source DB. We've had an excellent experience thus far
with a few exceptions. Any help on solving the problem below is greatly
appreciated ...

We experienced a hard lockup a few days ago with mysql-max-3.23.52 for
Solaris 2.7. The DB had been running very well for over a month until the
innodb_monitor was turned on. After turning it on, all InnoDB threads
blocked within a few minutes, and we saw the messages below in the error
log.

The only other info that may seem relevent is that we have a monitor that
executes "show table status" every 15 minutes to check for remaining space
in the InnoDB tablespace. That monitor does not run in our test environment
and we never had a problem with the innodb monitor in our test environment
while executing a similar workload. So this problem may be correlated or
caused by the "show table status" command in conjunction with the innodb
monitor.

Any thoughts?

< ... end of innodb monitor output removed ... >
--------------
ROW OPERATIONS
--------------
5 queries inside InnoDB, 0 queries in queue; main thread: doing background
drop tables
Number of rows inserted 9070335, updated 3286308, deleted 1038094, read
536669195
11.52 inserts/s, 14.80 updates/s, 8.40 deletes/s, 393.73 reads/s
----------------------------
END OF INNODB MONITOR OUTPUT
============================
InnoDB: Warning: a long semaphore wait:
--Thread 75521 has waited at trx0trx.c line 576 for 242.00 seconds the
semaphore:
Mutex at 1c12938 created file srv0srv.c line 1621, lock var 1
Last time reserved in file lock0lock.c line 341, waiters flag 1
InnoDB: Warning: a long semaphore wait:
--Thread 75832 has waited at lock0lock.c line 341 for 242.00 seconds the
--Thread 74124 has waited at trx0trx.c line 576 for 242.00 seconds the
semaphore:
Mutex at 1c12938 created file srv0srv.c line 1621, lock var 1
Last time reserved in file lock0lock.c line 341, waiters flag 1

... lots more like this, and then ...

InnoDB: Warning: a long semaphore wait:
--Thread 75521 has waited at trx0trx.c line 576 for 434.00 seconds the
semaphore:
Mutex at 1c12938 created file srv0srv.c line 1621, lock var 1
Last time reserved in file lock0lock.c line 341, waiters flag 1
InnoDB: Error: semaphore wait has lasted > 600 seconds
InnoDB: We intentionally crash the server, because it appears to be hung.
020924 17:56:27  InnoDB: Assertion failure in thread 9 in file sync0arr.c
line 934
InnoDB: We intentionally generate a memory trap.
InnoDB: Send a detailed bug report to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
mysqld got signal 11;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
or one of the libraries it was linked agaist is corrupt, improperly built,
or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.
We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help
diagnose
the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely
wrong
and this may fail