From: tmb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 7:39 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Where are db files ??

HELP ! I'm a newbie to both Linux & mySQL.

I have a simple mySQL sample data base running on a
Red Hat 7.3 machine.

It was already setup when I got it.

Now I want to find the data base files that mySQL
creates so I can back them up... and for my education.

I can't seem to get Linux to search the entire hard
disk... and I'm really not sure of the data base file
names... it comes up in a demo web page.

1 - Where does mySQL normally store it's data base
files?

2 - Can you change the default directory for a data
base?

3 - How do you get Linux to search the entire disk for
a file?

Thanks for any help...

tmb