After giving up MySQL installation with the RPMs I am now wanting to freshly install
MySQL 3.23 (the latest) on my SUSE 7.3 Linux machine. I am a sort of newbie to Linux
also. On p.98 of the Widenius MySQL reference manual I am suppose to do this;

Add the full path;

/usr/local/mysql/mysql/bin

Now I have to add this full pathname of this directory to my PATH environment variable
so that my shell finds the MySQL programs properly.

How do I do edit this PATH ?

 mike@cords-orj86jfje:/usr/local/mysql/mysql/bin> echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/bin:/usr/lib/java/bin:/usr/games/bin:/usr/games:/opt/gnome/bin:/opt/kde2/bin:.:/opt/gnome/bin
mike@cords-orj86jfje:/usr/local/mysql/mysql/bin>

Thanks, DeNewbie