I seem to have run into a rather peculiar problem.  I was attempting to load
data into a table from a file.  I checked with the online documentation and
found the following syntax:

LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE "pet.txt" INTO TABLE pet;

I used this format exactly (with my own file and table names of course) and
was greeted with the following error message:

ERROR 1148: The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version

Calling 'mysql --version' I have found that I am using version 11.18 Distrib
3.23.52 (on w2k).  Is there another means by which I can get large amounts
of data into my table without using a whole whack of INSERT statements?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sean