Greetings,

I just installed mySQL Server 3.25.52 on my internet connected PC ( which
makes Internet gateway via Internet Connexion Sharing ) using Win98SE.

I have created a VB program which attacks the mySQL Server using ODBC.
Over LAN and Localhost, everything works just fine.

I am trying to reach the mySQL Server on another machine via Internet
using the Configuration Panel ODBC Drivers & DSN utility but I get this
error : "mySQL : cant connect to mySQL server '123.456.789.123' (10060)"

Remote user for this client computer was created on the Server using :
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO soemone@"%" IDENTIFIED BY 'somepass';
and everything should work... but does not !!! ( worked over LAN )

Remarks : when I try to reach the mySQL server using Telnet + ServerIP +
ServerPort ( 3306 ), I get the server's version ( 3.25.52 ) whilst on the
LAN. When I do the same on the Client computer over Internet, I cannot get
a response from the server despite the fact that ping works fine between
the machines...

Did I get something wrong ? Could this be the Internet Connexion Sharing
translation which provokes this error ?

PS : I do not use any Antivirus program and all firewalls have been
stopped while testing in course !

Thanks in advance for all ideas on solving this problem...

Paul
[EMAIL PROTECTED]