On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Steve Bradwell wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have recently moved my mysql server from a win98 machine to a win2000
> machine. After running the self extracting setup for mysql, I copied my
> existing my.ini file over from the win 98 box, made neccesary changes to
> start mysqld-max-nt from correct dir, I copied the my.ini file because of
> the Innodb settings I had setup on the win98 machine. I then copied over my
> Ibdata, and IbLogs directories and their contents to the win2000 box, and
> the replaced the data directory with the one from the 98 box. I then started
> mysql from the command prompt with "mysqld-max-nt --console" it said
>
> ..."Innodb: Flushing modified pages from the buffer pool..."
> "Innodb: Started "
> "Ready for connections..."
>
> And all works fine, however when I restarted the pc, and winmysqladmin.exe
> was started as a service, the server is not started, I get the red light and
> no server, or table information. If I then go and start it through the
> console and run winmysqladmin.exe All my information appears like normal.
>
> Can anyone suggest what I should do?

Hi,

Run mysqld-max-nt --install
first in order to install your new MySQL as a service. Then it should work,
at least you should be able to start the service by entering 'net start
mysql'.

Best regards,
Iikka

* Iikka Meriläinen                       *
* E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vaala, Finland                         *