From: Heikki Tuuri [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 2002?10?8? 9:56
To: Jianliang Zhao; Mark Matthews
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: transaction isolation level

Jianliang,

I tested that with two mysql clients, and it appeared to work ok. Check with

SHOW CREATE TABLE tablename

what is the type of your table. Is it MyISAM?

Also put the line

log

to the [mysqld] section of your my.cnf and restart mysqld. Then you will see
all received queries in the file 'hostname'.log in your datadir. Check from
it what SQL queries your clients actually send to the mysqld server.

Regards,

Heikki
Innobase Oy

Below my test:
CLIENT A:

heikki@hundin:~/mysql/client> mysql test
Your MySQL connection id is 1 to server version: 3.23.53-log

mysql> set autocmmit = 0;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
corresp
onds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
'autocmmit =
0' at line 1
mysql> set autocommit = 0;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> create table zhao (a int not null, b int, primary key (a)) type =
innodb;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.11 sec)

mysql> insert into zhao values (10, 20);
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> commit
    -> ;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> update zhao set b = 100;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.01 sec)
Rows matched: 1  Changed: 1  Warnings: 0

mysql>

CLIENT B:

heikki@hundin:~/mysql/client> mysql test
Your MySQL connection id is 2 to server version: 3.23.53-log

mysql> select * from zhao;
+----+------+
| a  | b    |
+----+------+