Hi
I have set up the MySQL database to run locally on my Mac. I have set
the privilege for the root user. However, when I log in as the root user
I am still unable  to create a new database

mysql> CREATE DATABASE master;
ERROR 1006: Can't create database 'master'. (errno: 13)

Please tell why this keeps on happening. I am running the following
version of MySQl for MAC

mysql> select version();
+--------------------+
| version()          |
+--------------------+
| 3.23.51-entropy.ch |
+--------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

This is the privilages that I have granted uses on the system
mysql> select * from user;
+-----------+----------+------------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+
-------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+---------------+--------------+
-----------+------------+-----------------+------------+------------+
| Host      | User     | Password         | Select_priv | Insert_priv |
Update_priv | Delete_priv | Create_priv | Drop_priv | Reload_priv |
Shutdown_priv | Process_priv | File_priv | Grant_priv |
References_priv | Index_priv | Alter_priv |
+-----------+----------+------------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+
-------------+-------------+-----------+-------------+---------------+--------------+
-----------+------------+-----------------+------------+------------+
| localhost | root     | 04bd6ac2298e4ebd | Y           | Y           |
Y           | Y           | Y           | Y         | Y           |
Y             | Y            | Y         | Y          |
Y               | Y          | Y          |
| localhost |          |                  | N           | N           |
N           | N           | N           | N         | N           |
N             | N            | N         | N          |
N               | N          | N          |
| %         | pgarcha  |                  | N           | N           |
N           | N           | N           | N         | N           |
N             | N            | N         | N          |
N               | N          | N          |
| localhost | psgarcha | 6a309f0f0ad4b60d | Y           | Y           |
Y           | Y           | Y           | Y         | Y           |
Y             | Y            | Y         | Y          |
Y               | Y          | Y          |
| %         | psgarcha | 6a309f0f0ad4b60d | Y           | Y           |
Y           | Y           | Y           | Y         | Y           |
Y             | Y            | Y         | Y          |
Y               | Y          | Y          |
| localhost | admin    |                  | N           | N           |
N           | N           | N           | N         | Y           |
N             | Y            | N         | N          |
N               | N          | N          |
| localhost | dummy    | dummy            | N           | N           |
N           | N           | N           | N         | N           |
N             | N            | N         | N          |
N               | N          | N          |
7 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Thanks in advance
Pushpinder Garcha