Jungshu,

----- Original Message -----
From: ""Heo, Jungsu"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.mysql
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 5:49 AM
Subject: InnoDB Performance Question.

> Hello everyone.
>
> I'm working on migrating Oracle to MySQL 4.0.3
>
> MySQL works on Redhat 7.3 and Pentium IIII 550Mhz with 256 Mb RAM.
>
> Our application need Transactions, so I decided to use InnoDB.
> But, InnoDB is slower than I expected.

> mysql> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM table_name ;
> +----------+
> | COUNT(*) |
> +----------+
> |   903097 |
> +----------+
> 1 row in set (8.07 sec)
>
> 8.07 sec. took to retrieve 903,097 rows. That's OK, faster than Oracle.
>
> But, LIMITing records make problem.
> mysql> SELECT * FROM table_name LIMIT 100000, 10 ;
> ..
> ..
> 10 rows in set (3.95 sec)
>
> This result is normal one? Is there any way to improve perfermance?

MySQL probably scans all the 1000 010 rows to get the 10 rows you want.
Maybe using an auto-increment column in your table and doing

SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE autoinccolumn > 1000000 AND autoinccolumn <=
1000010

?

> Heo, Jungsu Mr.
>
> SimpleX Internet. http://www.simplexi.com

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
---
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign key support for MySQL
See http://www.innodb.com, download MySQL-Max from http://www.mysql.com

sql query