On 9 Oct 2002, at 11:55, Bill Hess wrote:

> One would think that the value would not top out until 2^31
> since I have it defined as a normal INT.  I guess I can make it a
> BIGINT, but I think I will run into a problem eventually
> regardless how big I make the field...

Since the limit you're hitting has nothing to do with the maximum
value for an INT, it's unlikely that changing to a BIGINT will solve
the problem.  It seems that you have a corrupt table, you're running
into a bug in MySQL or whatever you're using to access it, or you're
doing something wrong.

Have you done a CHECK TABLE query?  Can you show us the exact code
you're using in the program that inserts the records, as well as the
exact error message you're getting?  Is it happening with every
insert, or only some?  For good measure, how about the output of
"SHOW CREATE TABLE table_name" and "SHOW TABLE STATUS LIKE
'table_name'"?

--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Tobacco Documents Online