On Thursday, Oct 10, 2002, at 01:48 America/Phoenix, James Kavanagh
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know if there's a way, using JDBC, to connect to a mySQL
> server without specifying a database?
>
> Basically I need to connect to n servers but don't always know which
> databases exist on them. I only want to extract server specific
> information i.e. process lists etc...

I've written a program in Java to access MySQL databases.  It is called
Database Viewer and can be found at
http://members.cox.net/essfiles/MySQL/ .  With any method of connecting
to an MySQL database if you just leave off the database name you should
be able to connect.

--
Clayburn W. Juniel, III
Phone: (602) 326-7707