On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 13:23, Sinisa Milivojevic wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Our replication developers have recently fixed a bug that looks
> conspiciously like the one you reported.
>
> It will come up in 3.23.53 which should come up in 7  - 10 days.
>
> Would you please be so kind to check it out if it still persists.

I've pulled the latest 3.23 code with BK and compiled it on the machine
in question. Unfortunately the problem still seems to be there as I can
still knock the server over with the test case I wrote. The backtrace
that results also looks the same as in the initial report.

Test case consists simply of one thread looping through "INSERT INTO
testtable VALUES(1)", and another doing a "RESET MASTER;" query.
(based on this, we're also testing a workaround of making log rotation
do "FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK; ... ; UNLOCK TABLES;" which seems to be
effective)

If there's any particular thing you'd like me to try in the way of
debugging, or further information about the systems we're running that I
can provide, please ask and I'd be happy to oblige.

Cheers,
-Matt.