Group,

I have the following query:

select phones.*, ops.plid, ops.box, ops.mac
from phones, ops where
(ops.box = 'Mcds') or (ops.box = 'Mn3300') and
(phones.suffix1 = ops.phone) order by ops.mac

When I change the order by to a field in the phones table - sorts just fine
and produces results but in this case I am sorting by one of the fields in
the other table (ops).

massive bunch of disk activity and mysqladmin shows that the process is
writing stuff to disk then sorting then producing the results.

Am I doing this query incorrectly?

BTW - I am Win32 mysql version.

Thanks.