Dear Sir/Madam,

I have tried the config below, and I successfully see the replicated record in
client side but only ONCE.
After I have seen the replication works. I continued with my normal
transactional work including altering table structure.
But later when I checked the replication status. Well, it has been in the
state of "frozen" for some time described below.

Now the server position keep in position 69 (show master status) and client
side keep staying in position 29 (show slave status).
Previously the server position keep staying in 73 but after I done a series of
reset master, reset slave and flush logs in
server side, it turned to 69 and stay there.
The client side is showing the message "Waiting to reconnect after failed
read" (read using show processlist)

Here's the series of same error log generated in client-side (mysql.err)
020816 15:31:21  Slave: connected to master '[EMAIL PROTECTED]:3306',
replication started in log 'FIRST' at position 29
020816 15:31:21  Slave: received 0 length packet from server, apparent master
shutdown:  (0)
020816 15:31:21  Slave: Failed reading log event, reconnecting to retry, log
'FIRST' position 29
020816 15:31:48  Slave: reconnected to master
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]:3306',replication resumed in log 'FIRST' at position 29
020816 15:31:48  Slave: received 0 length packet from server, apparent master
shutdown:  (0)
020816 15:32:49  Slave: Failed reading log event, reconnecting to retry, log
'FIRST' position 29

I have tried turning off both servers, overwriting of server database over to
client's database folder.
Deleting off the bin logs and restarting server-side mysql and client-side
mysql but it still stay in the position I described
above

Well, I hope I could get something from MySQL soon. Thank you!

The following are my servers settings

Both servers are using version 3.23.47
Server (win2000 professional, IP 192.168.100.30) side ini settings
[mysqld]
basedir=C:/MYSQL
#bind-address=192.168.100.30
datadir=C:/MYSQL/data
#language=C:/MYSQL/share/your language directory
#slow query log#=
#tmpdir#=
#port=3306
#set-variable=key_buffer=16M
server-id=3
binlog-do-db=DISYS_DB
log-bin=C:/MYSQL/MyLog/mykhorep.log

Client (win98, IP 192.168.100.4) side ini settings
[mysqld]
basedir=D:/MYSQL
#bind-address=192.168.100.4
datadir=D:/MYSQL/data
#language=D:/MYSQL/share/your language directory
#slow query log#=
#tmpdir#=
#port=3306
#set-variable=key_buffer=16M
master-host=192.168.100.30
master-user=repl
master-password=password
master-port=3306
server-id=3
master-connect-retry=60
replicate-do-db=DISYS_DB

Regards,
Khor

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude antiVirus]