Just goes to show you that Linux is so flexible, any hare-brained idea can be
implemented in software <sigh>.  But you didn't answer
my question - why would you want to do such a thing?  How could it possibly be useful?
 Adding yet another layer of complexity to
ext2fs (or ext3fs, which makes even less sense) is insane, unless you're doing it just
to say you can (same goes for the idiotic
idea of building an interface into MySQL to produce XML output), or for a *very*
specialized application.  But, as Jeff Goldblum
said in the movie "Independence Day", (paraphrase) "Just because you can doesn't mean
you should".