I'm on Linux Redhat 7.2 and MySQL v. 3.23.41

I can make connections from the server... including the use of other
hostnames for test purposes. All my PHP/MySQL sites are up and running.
I can access the database through phpMyAdmin.

I cannot connect from a client app such as Mascon. I notice that each
time I try I get the following added to my logfile.

Number of processes running now: 1
mysqld process hanging, pid 8617 - killed
021013 20:08:43  mysqld restarted
/usr/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections

Number of processes running now: 1
mysqld process hanging, pid 9796 - killed
021013 20:10:02  mysqld restarted
/usr/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections

Number of processes running now: 1
mysqld process hanging, pid 9858 - killed
021013 20:25:23  mysqld restarted
/usr/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections

I've included the last three instances. I've been fighting with this now
for the last three days!!! Please help. All 'was' working fine for a
year or more, up until the point of a machine reboot.

--
John Hinton - Goshen, VA.
http://www.ew3d.com

Those who dance are considered insane