Shilline,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shilline Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ""Heikki Tuuri"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 4:08 AM
Subject: Re: ROW LEVEL Locking not affected

>    And then ? please tell me the detail :)
> if I "SET AUTOCOMMIT = 0" in the session of user A
> then when should I "COMMIT" in the session of user A
>
>    coz I put the shared data in the table "test" and let many programs
deal with these data,
>    so I just want to lock some rows selected by user A till I have them
deleted or updated.
> user B should not see these rows after the exclusive select of user A. how
can I do ?

please address these general questions to the General MySQL Mailing List.

You should commit A when his atomic work is ready.

If B should not see the rows locked by A, then also B should use a locking
read. A plain consistent reads an old snapshot of rows and is not blocked by
any locks.

Regards,

Heikki