From: "Greg Knaddison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Ivo Dvorak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 11:34 AM
Subject: RE: Export of text fields from Access2000

If you create the tables beforehand in MySQL and then export the data into
the already created table, that should allow you finer control of your data
types.  To save time you could export the table from Access, then truncate
it to clear out the data, and then change the data types as necessary.

I don't have experience with your scenario specifically, but I have had
similar problems with Excel, Access, SQLServer, and Oracle.  Data types
between applications are a big problem and in some of my problems I found
Microsoft Knowledge Base articles stating "this is a known bug, we're not
going to do anything about it."  See Troubleshooting in Microsoft KB article
Q321686.

Greg