On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Dennis wrote:

> Is there a way to copy a table from one mySQL machine to another without
> implementing replication? The goal is be able to grab a copy of a table
> from some other machine (without regard to master/slave relationships) in
> some programmatic way without having to do a dump, copy file and rebuild.
>
> Something like:
>
> Copy Server:dbase:table to localhost:dbase:table

Hi,

I've never tried this in real life, but I can't see why
xcopy data\db\*.* (frm/MYD/MYI for MyISAM tables) server2\data\db
The file copying across the network could be done via FTP, SMB or anything
that is good for your platform.

Not sure on this either, but do platforms/OSes with 32/64-bit stuff cause
problems? How about the byte order? Anyone wiser than me, please comment on
this! :-)

Have you tried building a script that automates the mysqldump process?

Regards,
Iikka

* Iikka Meriläinen                       *
* E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vaala, Finland                         *