I have a problem which I'm not sure the best way to go about.
We will be shipping products based on weight and I have two types of
product with differing weights. Basically we want to charge one price
for shipping less than 10 KG and one for anything over that.

I wonder how to go about it. I have the weights for each product and
have my products organised into two categories in MySQL DB. So anything
in category 1 means less than 30 items is below 10 Kilos and 15 in
category 2.

How would you code this? I have tried adding a weight category to my
products table and calculating total weight (then a simple if statement
would do the trick) but it leads to other problems which I couldn't
de-bug. Basically adding to my products table means my DB won't update
due to a Mysql error (column count didn't match or something) so I can't
do it that way or at least as my shop is currently working I'm scared of
messing with the code too much! I also need to have a combination of the
two products so the customer might buy 1 of category 2 and 35 of cat 1
etc.

Ideas to tackle this please?

Steve Jackson
Web Developer