Hi all,
i have an application writing bulk inserts periodically to a MyISAM
table. This table has a multi-column index on two integer fields, in
this way i can have an good query speed. Bulk insert are very speed, but
when the table grows up to 20/25 MB, almost the inserts have a very slow
speed e so my application do a wrong work. The example is:
- table will become very big(gigabyte units)
- all the bulk inserts have a 1000 entries size, then the same size
- speed inserts are on 200/300 milliseconds
- slow inserts are on 8/9 seconds!!!!

The machine's database application is a Sun Blade 100, 256 RAM MB,
mysql configuration file is my-medium.cnf,
and at first it looks and index problem, but i can't have good speedy
query without index!
The question is: are there some configuration issues on index?? Or is it
a limit of my hardware, then it needs more RAM??
Thanks for any help,

Mauro Arcolini
Rigel Secureway
www.secureway.it