Please forgive me for double posting, but I can't remeber if my mysql
list subscription is still active.

Hi Folks,

I have weird problem here.  My MySql runs on a 7.2 Rh Linux
kernel-2.4.9-43 MySql is version 3.32.36

Everything was doing fine the last major maint. was when I ran up2date
on the MySql server Sunday, Monday moring no one could get to the MySql
databases.

The MySql logs shows where the server is starting everytime a connection
request is made.  However, I set at the console (or telnet) screen and
start a session using mysql.  I can go to another machine and run mysql
-h <name of server> and create a session.

However, none of the GUIs like MySql Admin, or UrbanSQL, or our billing
program (which uses java) can create a session.

I have tried to completely shutdown the MySql and restart the daemon,
but that didn't help either.

BTW, I have one machine (the dial-up server) that runs a Perl script
that connects to the MySql server and logs all modem query info in the
database, it is working fine.

The java err I recieve is as follows:
SQLException setupDatabaseConnection:java.sql.SQLException:
Communication link failure: Socket closed

This is what shows up in the mysql query log:
/usr/libexec/mysqld, Version: 3.23.36-log, started with:
Tcp port: 3306  Unix socket: /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
Time                 Id Command    Argument

This is what shows up in the mysql log:
Number of processes running now: 1
mysqld process hanging, pid 14366 - killed
021015 05:53:39  mysqld restarted
/usr/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections

Any ideas??????

Need help.
--
robert canary