I would like to know if this is at all possible using MySQL 4.0.4 in
Windows.

We want to be able to host our web site using either Windows and ASP or
Linux and PHP in our service provider server.  All the scripts will be in
their machine away from our network.  Then I would like for those scripts to
have access to our MySQL Server in our internal network.  The reason is that
we sell airline tickets and we would like the travel agents to book on the
site and be able to read the inventory as it changes either form bookings
on-line or in site.

I was wondering about using SSL from the ISP's machine to ours or using some
kind of VPN.

Please, any help in this matter will be really appreciated.

Thank you,

Fernando
*** sql, query ***