Another alternative for storage of currency values is to use the DECIMAL
type, which allows you to explicitly specify scale and precision.
You're still constrained to a maximum precision that matches that of
DOUBLE, and you get the inefficiency of storing values as strings but
you don't have to worry about rounding errors. (unless you're recording
truly enormous sums of money...)

-JF