Hi there
Problem:

I've got two debian linux pc's
One is my server on which I would like to install te mysql server,
one is my workstation.

First trying to install the mysql server on my server I seem to have done something
wrong. With installation I had no problems (standard .deb installtion)
but somehowe I've managed to change the root password for the server into something I
can't remember so now inserting for example
marc@angus:~$ mysqladmin -u root create test

I get this message

mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)'

doing this as normal user like this
mysqladmin -u marc create test
 everything works just fine.

 I've also installed the package on my other pc, my workstation, and managed to update
the root password succesfully thus inserting
 marc@malcolm:~$ mysqladmin -u root -p create test
 Enter password:
  works fine

So cummulative probably I've changed the root password, (even with the -p option I
can't figure it out)

Is there an way to get out of my way? Uninstalling mysql-server and installing again
didn't do the trick

Thanks
Marc Dirix