Hi,

I have read the MySQL manual that the automatic reconnect is implemented since version 3.21.18.
Also according to the C API manual, the mysql_real_connect will set the automatic reconnect flag in MYSQL structure.

However, I cannot find any instruction to switch off this automatic reconnect feature.
The reason for doing this is because I am using the mysql_real_connect with an IP address that is established over a PPP link.
Once if the connection over the phone line is broken, there is no way to reconnect it.

My application hangs when I try to unconnect the PPP link. It seems that the MYSQL connection using blocking I/O. Is that correct?

Can I use mysql_connect instead to avoid automatic reconnect?

Thanks
Joe