From: Dave Best [mailto:david.best@;sympatico.ca]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 10:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Gah, mysql and PHP woes

I hope this is the right mailing list so here goes..

Anyone have any good information on how to setup PHP and mysql?

I downloaded the latest mysql binaries and placed them in
/usr/local/mysql....

php was already installed on my system, redhat 7.2 but for some reason it
couldn't find any of the mysql functions.

I noticed when I looked at the config php, for mysql php was pointing to
/usr

So I downloaded the latest php, ./configure --with_mysql /usr/local/mysql
(or whatever the parameter is), installed it, but yet more problems with
libraries.

Anyways, I tried so many different things and ran into so many problems I
won't include them all here...

But does anyone out there have a step by step guide to get this running?

Thanks.