hi,

I have a problem with the connections and would appreicate a lot if anyone can provide
a soln..

Our JSP application has connections to both Oracle and MySQL... In each page there are
nearly a dozen queries executing on a MySQL db. at the begining of each page, a
connection is opened and at the end they are close.. Ideally, if the user waits for
the page to load completely and then hit the button Next or Cancel, the connection is
freed..

But what happens often is that soon after entering the page, many users just click on
Next resulting in the connection not getting closed...and soon, the no of connections
exceed the allotted number (because they dont get freed automatically) and thus
crashes the application..

My question is this: Is there anyway to kill the processes in MySQL (ofcourse i can do
it manually but am talking about real time) ???

thnx for any suggestions..

sands