Hi,

A cohort wrote a script to import tab delimited files. He uses
mysqlimport. He uses the -d option to ONLY empty the data from the
table before importing the new data. My cohort believes that
mysqlimport is also dropping the table and then recreating the table
from somewhere and then inserting the new data. And the problem
according to him is that apparently MySQL is using some older version
of the table which has a different column structure so that when the
new data is imported it goes into the wrong columns.

Anybody familiar with this? He says it's an optimization of MySQL to
drop the table first ... but I have seen no confirmation.

Peter

http://www.coremodules.com/
Web Development and Support  at Affordable Prices
901-757-8322    [EMAIL PROTECTED]