I did the same seach and evaluation a couple of weeks back. Ended up
buying Dezign for Databases, partly on cost (compared to Case Studio
which seems the most comprehensive product), but also because the
evaluation version allowed enough tables/releationships to do a
realistic eval + good documentation. Reverse engineering is possible if
you buy the additional Importerscripts, or ImporterMysql, and you can
define your own logical types (called domains) or additional Mysql
types if the set is not complete. As far as I can see there is no way
to define the table type, but the rest is covered. So far I'm finding
it stable and very easy to work with.

Andy