Hi,

Using MySQL, perl and DBI, is there a way to test to see if a table is
locked (as in "LOCK table.......").  We batch process our updates every 3
hours or so (it's not a set schedule though, it depends when a certain level
of new updates is reached), and our main tables are locked during this time
for around 10 minutes or so.  I'd like to be able to modify our search and
display scripts to inform the users to come back later while the tables are
locked.

Thanks,

Martyn