Hi MySQL-team!

I develop WIN32 software that uses MySQL database. My software uses MySQL
ODBC driver 3.51 and ADO interface. MDAC 2.7 is installed. My problem is
that while I'm trying to update MySQL record contained char(15) field, I get
an error "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Multiple-step OLE DB
operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No
work was done." I don't have such problem with numeric fields. The numeric
fields are updating normally with the same code.

Here is a sample of my code:

try
{
  _RecordsetPtr pRecordset;
  HRESULT hr;
  _bstr_t  btmp;

  hr = pRecordset->Open(vTable, vConnection,adOpenForwardOnly,
adLockOptimistic, adCmdTableDirect);
  hr = pRecordset->AddNew();
  pRecordset->Fields->GetItem(L"id")->Value=btmp;
  pRecordset->Fields->GetItem(L"proto")->Value=btmp;
  pRecordset->Fields->GetItem(L"src_ip")->Value=btmp;
}

The fields "id" and "proto" are numeric, the field "src_ip" is char. And I
get the above error while updating the "src_ip" field. Do you have any
ideas? Can you help me?

Yours sincerely,
Alex Bash