>This has probably been asked a thousand times before but only once from me.
>I am able to programme in MS Access to quite a high level to which I have now
>realised its limitations, where is the best place to start learning and reading up on
>MYSQL, I am not really a book reader as I prefer to do things by trial and error but
>have not got a clue as to how mysql works

After much confused reading, browsing and trial/error that didn't really get me
anywhere I arrived here
  <http://sqlcourse.com/> and <http://sqlcourse2.com/>
and was up to speed (relatively speaking ofcourse.. :-) in no time (an afternoon
maybe?)
They have an online SQL parser and sample tables that work from a webform where you
can try the exercises they have after each short chapter.

Regards,

    Martin
--
<mailto:mac.com@;nemo>