Hi !!

> Hi,
>
>  I'm using:
>  ----------
>
>  - W98
>  - MySql ODBC (MyODBC-3.51.04.exe) / Tried also
> (myodbc-2.50.39-win95.zip)
>  - Application with Centura Team Developer CTD 1.5.1 PTF6
> (Gupta Sqlwindows)
>  - MySql Server on Linux 3.23.48-19, (from Suse Linux 8.0)
>
>  Problem:
>  --------
>
>  Using bind variable in select statement in where clause
> get's no  result.
>
>  Examples (Centura Application Code) - NOT WORKING:
>
>   Set sKKey = '4711'
>   Set sSel =  'SELECT PARAM, TEXT FROM KONFIG INTO :sParam1,
> :sParm2 WHERE KKEY = :sKKey'
>   Call SqlPrepareAndExecute( hSqlA, sSel )
>   Call SqlFetchNext( hSqlA, nErr )
>
>   Gets no Result.

 How this SqlPrepareAndExecute is binding the data for sKKey
 value ?

 Can you cross the call from SQLBindParameter from the ODBC log
 whether it is passing the valid pointer with the value that
 you are expecting ? The reason could be the sKKey is bound to
 different value than the expected or sent a wrong pointer.

 And it's a basic functionality from the driver, and that is
 used by many users.

>  Don't using bind variable in where clause - WORKING:
>
>   Set sSel =  'SELECT PARAM, TEXT FROM KONFIG INTO :sParam1,
> :sParm2 WHERE KKEY = \'4711\'
>
>   I've searched many hours in newsgroups and mailing list but I can't
>   find a solution!

 I guess, the value sent in the where clause didn't match. But more
 information can be found from the odbc log. Send me the log file.

 Thanks

Regards, Venu
--
For technical support contracts, go to https://order.mysql.com