Hi,

from my slow queries logfile:

# Query_time: 17  Lock_time: 6  Rows_sent: 207550  Rows_examined: 207550
SELECT ID FROM sys_users;

1 row = 1 user. mySQL gets queried through PHP.

I'd like to optimize this. 17 seconds is too much. How do you guys judge
the actual CPU impact of the process that is sending 207550 rows back to
the query originator? Can it be neglected - and should we rather
optimize the query itself, that is the process of examining the rows.

In other words:

Should we try to make Rows_examined: a value like 1000 or so. Or can we
keep it like this and rather fix Rows_sent to e.g.: 1000.

Thanks,
Markus