Hi!

Just specify different ports, data and base directories for those instances
(using command-line parameters -P, --basedir and --datadir respectively, for
example).

Instance 1 startup:
mysqld-nt -P=3306 --basedir=e:/mysql1 --datadir=e:/mysql1/data --console
--standalone

Instance 2 startup:
mysqld-nt -P=3307 --basedir=e:/mysql2 --datadir=e:/mysql2/data --console
--standalone

If I remember this right, you can do this with services on Windows, too, but
it will get trickier then.

On *nix change the paths, but it should work the same way otherwise.
mysqld-nt changes to mysqld.

Best regards,
Iikka

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, GAY Samuel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a new user of MySQL (but not of databases...), and new member of this mail-list,
>and I hope I don't bother anyone with a question already asked (and with my
>english...).
>
> I'm interested in the InnoDB part of MySQL because I thing it's more reliable than
>other table's type, and because it provide transactions.
>
> I have to use multiple database on the same serveur, but not in the same InnoDB
>structure. Then I have to create one MySQL "instance" for each database. If one
>crashes the others could run, and I can easely move a database on another serveur if
>needed.
>
> The documentation speek about recompiling MySQL to do this... it surprises me, I
>think I didn't understand something.
>
> How can I run multiple instance of MySQL on one server (like Oracle) ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Sam.

* Iikka Meriläinen                       *
* E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vaala, Finland                         *