Heikki Tuuri wrote:

Ryan,

----- Original Message -----
From: "rcandersonmn"
Newsgroups: mailing.database.mysql
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 4:23 PM
Subject: Prepared Statement Problem

>I'm new to MySQL and am having problems with Prepared Statements in
>MySQL. I'm using the latest MySQL beta version, Innodb, and the latest
>JDBC driver.  Here is what I'm trying to do:
>

>Connection con = x.getConnection(); /* gets the connection
>
>PreparedStatement ps = con.prepareStatement(sql); /* set up prepared
>statement
>
>x.bindExampleWhere(ps, example); /* sets the preparedstatement's
>variables
>
>ResultSet rs=ps.executeQuery();
>

>The SQL is:
>select * from Vendor
>where (Vendor.agreement_id = ?)
>
>The BindExample will produce:
>(1,'1001')
>

>The result set is always empty. When I run the query directly, I get
>the expected result.

You don't say how you determine the result set is empty, which might be where your problem is. Also, I would like to see what the code in ".bindExampleWhere()" actually does.

[snip]

If you are running with

SET AUTOCOMMIT = 0

and inserted the row during the current read transaction, then it might also
be that you are reading too old a snapshot. The transaction doing the SELECT
can issue a COMMIT to refresh the snapshot.

Heikki has a good point here, as this confuses many people who are not used to using transactions under a REPEATABLE_READ isolation level.

I haven't replied to the original sender, as his e-mail has been stripped from the original mail :(

-Mark

sql,query

--
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/?ref=mmma

/ |/ /_ __/ __/ __ \/ / Mark Matthews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
/ /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__ MySQL AB, Full-Time Developer - JDBC/Java
/_/ /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/ Flossmoor (Chicago), IL USA
<___/ www.mysql.com