Hi all ,
     as I came  across a certain prob , so I am here ,
     I have three  tables

 1 customer_mast ( custid  pk  )
   2     comment_mast (  multiple comments against custid , sysdate()
     3   contact_mast (  multiple contacts ( three each ) against single
custid ,  contact id )
  i want to fetch a single record  against each customer with last comment
entered  and 1st contact  id.

I used the max() but , mysql doesn't  accepts usage of max() in where
condition.
I can do this by running two queries but  I am looking if there is any
scope of doing this in one single query
any help would be  appreciated.
thanks
anup