Adrian,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adrian Liang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.mysql
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 1:46 PM
Subject: how to recover innodb tables

> Hi,
>
> Recently my MySQL (3.23.52-max) db crashed. Although
> I'm still trying to debug what happened, the bigger
> issue is for me to get the data out of there as soon
> as possible.
>
> I thought that by setting the variable
> innodb_force_recovery would allow the database to come
> up so I could at least do a "select into outfile" and
> my data, but it won't start (I've tried values of 4, 5
> and 6). What else can I do to get at the data?

if you set it to 6:

set-variable = innodb_force_recovery = 6

do you get this printout:

heikki@hundin:~/mysql-3.23.52/sql> mysqld
InnoDB: The user has set SRV_FORCE_NO_LOG_REDO on
InnoDB: Skipping log redo
021101 13:43:12  InnoDB: Started
mysqld: ready for connections

If it crashes with 6, I can try adding a new level 7. I would like to see
the .err printout from level 6.

If you can compile mysqld yourself with

CFLAGS="-g -O3" ./configure --with-innodb

and run inside gdb:

gdb mysqld

gdb> run

<when crashes:>

gdb> bt full

I could look where it crashes and make level 7 skip that part.

Please send me your whole error log.

> Thanks!
>
> -Adrian

Regards,