Michael,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Ryan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.mysql
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 3:38 PM
Subject: InnoDB Status

> Hi. I'm new to mailing lists so I don't know if this will work or not yet.
>
> I'm using the InnoDB table type with MySQL and I have produced InnoDB
> statistics using the "SHOW INNODB STATUS" command. The InnoDB manual
basically
> gives no help at all on what all the figures means. I can work work out
what
> quite a lot it means but I would like to know exactly what it means rather
than
> guessing. Does anybody know where I can get hold of this information as
> providing a facility to show the statistics but then not telling us how to
> interpret the statistics is a little frustrating when you are trying to
> performance tune your database.

the only documentation is at http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html.

The SHOW INNODB STATUS monitor still evolves somewhat. With time more
documentation will come. Especially valuable would be feedback from the
field from cases of bad performance, along with the monitor output
corresponding to it.

Much of the cryptic information is only intended for debugging, not for
performance tuning.

> Thanks,
> Michael Ryan

Best regards,