On Friday, November 1, 2002, at 05:39 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi,
Hello.
I'm new to mysql and I'm reading a pdf book on how to change the default
password for admin to my own choosing.
The problem is once I do the steps of -password mypass it comes back with
an error message.
Try to do it without a space between -password and mypass. See this example on my computer:
(root@Chris-Garaffas-Computer)(~)$: mysqladmin -u root -p somepass status
Enter password:
mysqladmin: Unknown command: 'somepass'
(root@Chris-Garaffas-Computer)(~)$: mysqladmin -u root -psomepass status
Uptime: 104180 Threads: 6 Questions: 647 Slow queries: 0 Opens: 38 Flush tables: 1 Open tables: 4 Queries per second avg: 0.006

--
Chris Garaffa