Hi All:

I am kind of new to MySQL. I have ordered MySQL Cookbook but I still
have a week before it arrives. In the meantime, I am looking for some
basic help.

I am looking to store the text/description for the purpose of retrieving
it on the website. What would be the most appropriate way to store it?
Text or long varchar (something like varchar(1000)?

Which field supports full text search?
Hob about if I want to store the description that is html formatted?
Would that choice differ (TEXT/VARCHAR)?

Thank you,
Paul