Hello members,

I'm new to mysql and need to conect to from ASP pages.

I have written the following code in ASP script

<!- #include file="C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYSTEM\ADO\adovbs.inc" ->
<%
dim email,objrs,strsql,strconn
email=Request.Form ("email")

strconn = "DSN=ebyte"

strsql="select * from log where email=('" & email & "');"

set objrs=server.CreateObject ("adodb.recordset")
 With objrs
  .ActiveConnection = strconn
  .Source = strsql
  .Open
 End With

Response.Write objrs("email")

Set objrs = Nothing
%>

i get the following error msg on the browser

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified

i have checked the dsn and the adminstrator say its fine.

Background info
mysql installed on linux server and site hosted on iis server on windows
2000