A table using Berkeley Tables should have 55000 records. The mysql server
crashed.

When running this query:
select id from customers;
returns 16000 records

running:
select count(id) from customers;
returns 16000 records

however running a specific query on an specific id i.e.
select * from customers where id = 6243655;
returns a valid record with data.

when scrolling through the above query records this id does NOT exist.

The data I need to recover is *there* and seems to be accessible only
through a direct query.
It seems like the indexing for this table is corrupt.

How do you repair an index on a DB Berkeley Table????

I can only find references to myiamchk which states is can only be used for
MyISAM tables?????

Any help would be GREAT!

cheers
steve