On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, gerald_clark wrote:

> You can't just subtract datetime fields. Check the date and time
functions
> in the manual.

Thanks,

I should know I run the risk of posting a RTFM/FAQ when I'm tired!

I got off track by misinterpreting "In MySQL Version 3.23, you can use +
and - instead of DATE_ADD() and DATE_SUB()" in the manual when all I
needed was UNIX_TIMESTAMP() (that I misinterpreted when I looked at it the
first time).

Anyhow, I can *nearly* "just subtract datetime fields" and all is right
with the world.

Jim