I have two databases (rt2 & jobs) and within each of these DBs tables that autoincrement email Ticket #'s and Work Request #'s respectively.

I'm looking for the best way to maintain the numbers between the databases (e.g. if I had a rt2, jobs, then rt2 requests: rt2 issues ticket #1024, then jobs issues #1025, then rt2 issues #1026)

More information: rt2 is the Request Tracker email ticketing system (http://www.bestpractical.com/rt) which uses Perl to insert tickets and "jobs" is a custom PHP front end for inserting tickets into a separate database (living on the same server, using same the mysql install)

A messy solution would be one big database and one big table that uses the same autoindex key.

I appreciate ideas on a better solution (e.g. Cross inserts?, a 3rd index table)?

Thanks,
Mike