After playing around with 'test' database, then I would like to create my own database.

I logged in into mysql using root account and created a database.

But, when I logged in using regular user, I got his error :

ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'card'

What necessary to do to create database?

I tried to create a database using regular user, still got same error.

I did change "create_priv='Y'" in user table from mysql database for this regular user.

Anyone know how the basic steps to create database? or any documentation/website
resource would be
appreciated.

Thanks.

kapot