Don Vu wrote:

Hi guys,

I have a script in my home directory that i want others to be able to run. I 'chmod 777'ed the file and the folder it lives in and people still can't run it when they are at the mysql prompt and type "source /path/to/script/scriptname.sql". I can execute that script, even when i log into mysql from a different folder than where it lives.
Can people just not run scripts which they own? What am I missing?

thanks,
Don

If your "script" is a list of SQL commands, you need to feed it to the MySQL client:

mysql -u yourusername -pyourpassword yourdatabase < /path/to/script/scriptname.sql

Dan