I want to alleviate some activity from my drives by changing the
group_home_dir & arch_dir variables for Innodb to a ram disk drive,
/dev/shm/.  Other than loosing all transactions that were taking place
during a box crash, are there any problems with this?  If the box crashes
(which shouldn't happen) or I reboot the server, I will loose all of these
files, Innodb should be able to re-create them with ease though, correct?
This should help speed transactions up and alleviate some activity on my
over burden drives, I hope.  Does anyone have any valid input or problems
with this situation?

Thanks in advance,

nickg

sql,query